Friday, November 04, 2011

wv, Halloween Etc. (or, just be happy I'm posting!)

Ever since we moved I have wanted to go to wv for a visit but with soccer and all of the new stuff we have been getting into we were having a hard time figuring out when. Finally last week we took a Fall Break and went to see my grand parents.

Ellis and Alaire were fascinated by the guns that Peep has hanging in his basement. He even let them hold one!














Mamaw let Alaire set up one of her Christmas displays. She wanted to do it exactly like the picture on the box. Every time we handed her a figurine she checked the picture first and then displayed it.















we got to meet Tristan this time too! Mam and Pap with all of their great grandkids!


















Ellis, Tristan, and Alaire












Pap measured E eventhough we had just measured him when we stopped to say hello on our way to the beach.















There really is nothing else to say here but two peas in a pod! Stubborn as can be the both of them! She just hops right up in his lap and tells him who knows what. Earlier that day after her shower she brushed her hair in his lap.








As soon as we got home from wv we had to rush to get ready for Halloween. Pappy had gotten us pumpkins from his last visit so the kids both painted theirs and I carved mine and Trevor's. Alaire went with an abstract look. Really no surprise!












Ellis debated for literally an hour on what he would do until we threatened no painting and bed and he FINALLY landed on Diego. It is a good thing Trevor can handle artist requests because I'm sure he would have been in tears with my attempt. He actually did lots of this himself with lots of patient coaching from his Dad.











The night before Halloween I had my middle school girls group over for a "spa party." This was their party theme and I was a little unsure of my ability to pull it off as "spa" time is not really my thing but they seemed to have fun and thankfully a friend let me borrow her foot water massage thing. Trevor and Ellis took it as a night out to bowl and although Alaire was given the choice to go with them she chose Spa Night.






(to lazy to move this back to the wv photos) This is my best friend from when I was little's daughter, Gracie. She and Alaire were born just a few hours apart. we got to go over to their house and visit for awhile when we were in H-town.












Trevor was the M.C. at our churches Fall Festival. He was a cowboy/sheriff with a weird accent all night. So many people have told me since then how funny he is!

*Ellis only looks miserable because he had to pause and take a picture instead of jump back into a inflatable line.











These two are sisters and 2 of Alaire's idols!! Kennedy is in my MS small group and they both are Kid Movers. Our church uses ReThink's Orange curriculum and they do a 45 min. Disney like production every Sunday for families that is centered around teaching the month's virtue and Bible stories. There are high energy songs through out the production and the Kid Movers are the dancers on stage. Alaire had made it her life goal to learn every song and motion so that when she is old enough she can be a Kid Mover too......... it so reminds me of me, my sister and our cousin Sarah Beth and wanting to be Continental Singers.







Trevor has been doing "Thumbs Up Thursday" on the student FB page and yesterday I posted Ellis' picture. You can tell he had no idea what he was doing! You may also see that ever since his dad was a cowboy/sheriff for Halloween Ellis has been one too!











This is another "Kid Mover" development. She is much more open to letting me put a pony in her hair. Yesterday she said as long as I, "tuck it like Claire Marie, Kiley and Kennedy!" (They are all Kid Movers from my small group.)

I remind my girls all of the time that there are little girls in the church that look up to them so very much. Nearly every day Alaire wants to wear her kid mover shirt and pants like them, or hair like them, or something like them. They have quite the responsibility to point her toward Christ in the way that they act and in the things that they say. I hope that is stays this easy for a little while longer! Just keep wanting to be like a kid mover!!!!




Here they are in their costumes. Alaire was Exclamation Girl (perfect for her!) and Ellis was Bolt. He came up with and designed most all of their costumes I was merely his seamstress.

5 comments:

Erin said...

I LOVE their costumes!

Holly said...

Way to update the blog:) Love the costumes and looks like you all have had a great October!

Jan AKA Wammy said...

One of the best post ever. I'm pooped just from reading it! Love the Continentals reference.

Lindsy said...

I've found your blog - look out! =) You can thank Trevor. Cute pictures! Where in WV does your family live? Tims folks are from WV - Teays Valley area...Scott Depot to be exact.

O'Pa Oakes said...

Great photos. Love all the costumes and hearing about Alaire looking up to her friends. Good to see how you all are getting involved there in Lex.