Tuesday, August 30, 2011

I Can't Even Apologize and I Have No Idea If I'll Be Back!

I'm not sure why I have hit this blogging slump. Can't tell if it is that we live close to family now and they see the kids more or if I like to spend my time elsewhere now or that every single thing that we do is new so it is overwhelming choosing what to post about?? So looks like the new trend is once a month guilt blogging. Fitting a lot of pictures and random stuff into one post is becoming the new norm. So, let's get to it.

Alaire is as crazy as ever!!! One night I was bored from staying home every day and not have a scheduled week like at home in CO so Trevor and I surprised the kids and acted like they were getting their jammies on for bed and then we took them to DQ. They loved it!!










The kids have a new buddy that lives next door. Her name is Shaina. She is at our house nearly every day from 3-7 pm. and even more on weekends. They entertain one another and Shaina has started coming to church with us.













The whole Ellis crew got together a few weekends ago for the Rockies vs. Reds game in Cincy. The rockies won and we ate lots of Cincy food favorites so it was a good night in my book.
The crazy thing was when the game was over we ran into some friends from LBCC in CO!












I got my haircut and I think this is the only picture I have of it. I couldn't take the long hair with the humidity mixed in!

















Ellis joined his first organized sports team. He is playing Upward Soccer for the Little Sharks. I made the whole family shark shirts out of scraps I had in my sewing stuff.










Trevor's birthday was a huge celebration this yearbecause it was the first time in almost 5 years that I have made Ally Pally cake for him and it stayed in one peice coming out of the bundt pan. One of the only things we didn't like about CO was that the altitude really messed with Ally Pally cake!









This kid had figured some things out finally! Upon first moving he kept saying things like, "mom, when do you think we will go back to American?" (meaning CO) I think he understands now but today I asked him if he knew our new address and he had the number and street correct but when he got to the city and state he said, "University of Kentucky."








Another weird Alaire picture. At least once or twice a day she has something weird on. She usually changes her outfit at least 6 times!

















I wish I had a dollar for every picture I have on my phone like this and a quarter for every trip to walmart or Lowes that I have made in the last month! I would be able to pay off every bill we have ever had and ever will have!











One of Trevor's days off we took the kids to a city water park. It was no Broomfield Bay but they had fun in the water and we here there is something more like BB in Nicholasville that we will have to try out next summer. There are a lot of neighborhood pools here and one day we had driven past a couple and Ellis said, "mom isn't it weird that they don't have buildings around their pools here!" I was confused at first but then I realized that we frequented the Rec. Center in CO and there really weren't many outdoor pools there so he must think it is kinda weird!

5 comments:

katy said...

Cute haircut! I have struggled with blogging this summer as well. I think it just gets lost in the shuffle when there is so much to do outside instead!

Anonymous said...

So glad u guys live closer but still love reading the blog please don't stop!!!!! Even if it just an update on alaires daily wardrobe choice.

Kelli said...

Ok, so I'm not officially family, but inreally do miss you and your blogs. Thanks for the guilt blogs. Love the haircut too!

oma said...

Loved catching up on all of you and what you have been up to lately.
Cassie, you are beautiful - with long hair or short hair!
I think it is a riot that Ellis thought CO was America and he lives in University of Kentucky!
Alaire is always fascinating! Love her sense of style!
How was the Retreat?

oakleyses said...

longchamp outlet, cheap oakley sunglasses, chanel handbags, oakley sunglasses, replica watches, christian louboutin outlet, louis vuitton, jordan shoes, nike air max, louboutin pas cher, longchamp pas cher, burberry pas cher, prada outlet, gucci handbags, christian louboutin shoes, polo outlet, replica watches, nike free run, tiffany jewelry, louis vuitton outlet, christian louboutin uk, prada handbags, nike free, oakley sunglasses, ray ban sunglasses, christian louboutin, louis vuitton, jordan pas cher, ugg boots, ray ban sunglasses, michael kors pas cher, longchamp outlet, air max, polo ralph lauren outlet online, oakley sunglasses, sac longchamp pas cher, nike air max, nike outlet, tory burch outlet, oakley sunglasses wholesale, kate spade outlet, uggs on sale, louis vuitton outlet, louis vuitton outlet, ray ban sunglasses, longchamp outlet, nike roshe, polo ralph lauren, tiffany and co