Saturday, January 24, 2009

Just Documentation

Okay I'm warning you..... you may not want to read this one. I use my blog as a way of documenting the many stages of Ellis and Alaire's childhood and this post is just that, documentation, not really a nice read. 

We got home from our trip to Cincy on Wednesday and Wed. night at 2 a.m. I woke up to a scream from Ellis' room that I just knew was not going to end well. Trevor said I jumped out of bed so fast that he thought I was going to go through the wall. As soon as I opened his bedroom door I could smell what the problem was. 

My son is 3 years and 2 months old and he has NEVER puked before. I have to admit that I took some pride in that fact but that is all over now. Once I got to his bed he started crying saying, "mommy there is yucky stuff in my hands." Poor thing didn't even know what was going on so as I cleaned him up in the bathroom and Trevor changed his bed I had to explain that sometimes if our tummies feel sick they just throw up and there is nothing we can do to make them stop. 

He asked to sleep with us in our bed which he has never done in his life. I went back and forth wondering if we should let him, not really knowing what would come of it, but I'm so glad we let him. He ended up puking 3 or 4 more times but by 6 am he was ready to run around like a maniac. 

3 years 2 months and 9 days.....anyone have a better puking record than that?

5 comments:

The Shellabys said...

Poor little thing! I remember our first puking experince! So not fun... we, however, started at a much younger age... only about 16 months for Ireland and younger for Chloe... Chloe has a crazy sensetive tummy and will throw up at random and be fine for the rest of the day.
But the first time is so hard because they don't know what is going on and you can't make it stop :(
well, at least its done now!

Kendra White said...

Oh girl we cannot beat your record, but John Hunter threw up this past Thursday. I was taking pride that my house was spotless because we were showing it that day and the only thing I had to do was vaccum upstairs. When I walked into his room I thought i was going to puke. Poor kid threw up early in the night because it was dried on the walls! I felt so bad, he never even cried! Sweet boys.. hope he is feeling better!

Sabrina said...

Poor Ellis! I wish my record was that clean.

katy said...

Holy cow! I think Kendra made it 3 1/2 months. yep, that's about right. She waits for Mike to go out of town and then the puking strikes.

Andrea said...

Woman, if you ever need to talk to somebody about kids puking...I'm YOUR woman. =) I'm sorry that it happened to sweet Ellis, though! That's a pretty amazing record! I hope it's another 3 years, etc...