Sunday, August 19, 2007

The fruit of our labor

Let me just apologize in advance if you have already read my mom's blog because I'm pretty sure you may feel like you are rereading it if you now read this one. We are just so proud of all of the stuff that we got finished so we are both sharing the finished products with you.

Ellis started out the day much like any other at Wammy and Pappy's, a little breakfast, a few trains and then outside to the tractor and putting water in the pool. Today I got to experience his wanting to get in with all of his clothes on. I managed to get his diaper off before he got in (I hate soaking wet diapers) but he drenched his shirt. While he went down for a nap Emmy and I made the annual trip to the Gap Outlet and it did not disappoint! For anyone who has never been to the Cincinnati Gap Outlet it is nothing like the ones that are everywhere else.....ya know the kind that are in with all of the other outlets like Nike, Mikasa, Carters, and Jockey. Oh no, this is much much better. For instance I got Ellis 10 new shirts today and each was a quarter!! If I have peeked your intrest at all here is something that may actually make it possible for you, it is very close to the airport so if you ever fly into CVG make sure it is a long layover and you can catch a cab to the outlet!
We knew we wouldn't be back for a while so we made one last trip for a Cincy favorite for dinner, a little LaRosa's pizza. Of course there was a funny quote from Michael that I must share. He asked for a refill of his Sprite and when she brought it to him he said that it tasted funny. We asked him what it tasted like and he said "um dishwater." What 5 yr. old says that? Sure enough Emmy tasted it and she said "he is right it tastes like dishwater because it has no syrup in it."
Ellis enjoyed his pizza, which by the way he can now say, and even sat in a big boy chair for almost the whole meal. This isn't because I wanted him to but he pretty much refuses to sit in a high chair now and a booster is crazy because he is just all over the place.
Okay so here is what mom and I have been working all all week when the boys are asleep or playing well with each other in the next room. This was just finished a few minutes ago. It is a bumper pad with a lady bug that we appliqued on. If it looks difficult my mom did it and I assisted as the presser and with the easy stitches on the machine. If I had tried all of this on my own it wouldn't look anything like this because my mom is such a perfectionist. If the stitch isn't looking right she will take the whole thing out and start over where as I just say oh we can make it work some how.
This is Ladybugs crib set and a few other things as well. There is a pillow for the rocker, her dust ruffle is to the upper right. The bottom left corner is her curtain which will be tied up with the cranberry ribbon laying on top of it. The inside of the bumper pad and her room's paint color are the dusty pink color of one of the polka dots and the outside the bumper pad is chocolate brown.
These are her 4 flannel wankies. The white one has little jars of baby food on it with fruit and veggies, then there is green with yellow flowers, then pink with different color dots, and of course ladybugs.
This is what we are hoping is going to do the trick for the big boy bed. The tractor stuff seems to be his favorite so we went back to the fabric store today and got enough tractor fleece to make him a tractor blanket. The other sheet has diggers and dump trucks on it and is the same material of the quilt that isn't finished yet. My mom still has it on her quilting machine and will be sending it as soon as she finishes quilting it. If you want to see a picture of that I'm pretty sure there will be one on her blog. All in all I think we did pretty well. I can't believe we finished all that we did and I think bug and ladybug are going to love them as much as I do. Thanks Mom!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

The picture right below this of Ellis cracks-me-up...what is he doing? Is he cold? Those things look AWESOME! Good job guys!

Cas - The reason I can type to you right now at night, is because somehow, one of the internet providers from our dear friends around the neighborhood is working. So, we could have the ole, Apartment net.

Hope you had a good time, if you think of it, pick up something for Rick of Cinnci value!

Dad

Anonymous said...

I love all of the blankets and such! They are sooo cute! I am sure Ellis won't mind sleeping in his big boy bed with tractors under him. Have a safe flight and I hope the house is done for you!

Anonymous said...

the pictures do not even do the things justice. They look so much better in person. Can't wait to see them in thier rooms!