Saturday, May 26, 2012

Mt. Biking

There is a family at our church that we adore named the Graybeals. They are just one of those families that you love to be around. They love each other and it shows. Last summer the Graybeals invited us to lake Cumberland to go out on their boat with them. Their boys are teen-agers and our kids not only LOVED the boat but also loved their time with the Graybeal boys! While we were out on the boat Mom Graybeal gave me some advice that I couldn't forget. (that woman is wise, when she speaks I listen) She said, "Every family needs to find a hobby they enjoy doing together. Ours is boating, but yours could be swimming, or camping, music, or hot air ballooning, just anything you all like doing together."

Trevor and I both love Mt. Biking but because of their age and abilities we haven't ever been at a place where we could take the kids. Ellis got a gear bike earlier this spring so when we finally got the bike carrier installed we told him we would take him. We found out that there is a park very close to our house with beginner trails so we loaded up and went for our first try, not really expecting much. I was planning the paved trails for Alaire and I and Trevor could see how Ellis liked it.

As we rode up to the trailheads I could see through a clearing in the trees one of my favorite parts of Mt. Biking, something like a little rhythm section. I told the kids I wanted tI ride it, just wait there and watch and then I would come back for Alaire. They watched and Alaire was the first one to ride tthrough and meet me! They both LOVED it so we kept riding. They did awesome! If my 4 yr old had not been in front of me riding with all her might I may have been a bit fearful on some portions but she shows no fear!

On our way home Trevor smiled and said, "I think we just found our Graybeal!" Yes, yes we did! We found our Graybeal!

After our initial trip we returned two times in a row for more and I still have no pictures of Ellis riding toward me because he was crazy fast and never wanted to stop.

5 comments:

Jan AKA Wammy said...

Did we have one of those when you were little...a Graybeal? And I love Alaire's choice of riding footwaer.

erin said...

I love that advice! You've given me something to think on...

oakleyses said...

longchamp outlet, cheap oakley sunglasses, chanel handbags, oakley sunglasses, replica watches, christian louboutin outlet, louis vuitton, jordan shoes, nike air max, louboutin pas cher, longchamp pas cher, burberry pas cher, prada outlet, gucci handbags, christian louboutin shoes, polo outlet, replica watches, nike free run, tiffany jewelry, louis vuitton outlet, christian louboutin uk, prada handbags, nike free, oakley sunglasses, ray ban sunglasses, christian louboutin, louis vuitton, jordan pas cher, ugg boots, ray ban sunglasses, michael kors pas cher, longchamp outlet, air max, polo ralph lauren outlet online, oakley sunglasses, sac longchamp pas cher, nike air max, nike outlet, tory burch outlet, oakley sunglasses wholesale, kate spade outlet, uggs on sale, louis vuitton outlet, louis vuitton outlet, ray ban sunglasses, longchamp outlet, nike roshe, polo ralph lauren, tiffany and co

Unknown said...

سباك ممتاز بالمدينة المنورة
يقوم سباك بالمدينة المنورة بالعديد من الأعمال المتنوعة والتي تضم الصيانة المختلفة لكافة الأعطال أو تسربات المياه التي تتعرض لها بعض المنازل بالمدينة المنورة، أيضاً يقوم بأعمال التشطيبات التي تتم في مراحل إنشاء العديد من المباني وتجهيز جميع أعمال السباكة الخاصة بها، ونحن نعلم أن أو ما يتم في المباني من أعمال هي السباكة.
لذا يجب أن تتم على أفضل ما يكون حتى لا تترك أي أثر سلبي عليها فيما بعد، كما أن معلم سباك بالمدينة المنورة هو الإنسان الذي يعتمد عليه معظم سكان المدينة المنورة والذي يمكن له القيام بكل أعمال السباكة الممتازة الذي يقوم بتقديمها على أفضل ما يكون بالاستعانة بأحدث المعدات والأجهزة.

rehabgad1 said...



Good write-up. I definitely love this site. Keep it up
https://rehabgad.edublogs.org/
https://prokr123.webnode.com/
http://prokr123.over-blog.com/
http://a4des.net/
https://www.prokr.net/ksa/jeddah-water-leaks-detection-isolate-companies